Hi there! Another year has come and gone, and 2009 was a great year for me personally. There were plenty of good things that happened in my life during this period, but not such a great year professionally though. Since we’re getting to that time of year again when everyone starts to think about their New Year plans, I’ve come up with a few ideas for my New Year’s Resolutions. In 2010, I will…
- Make my portfolio page ready.
- Read at least 2 articles or blog-posts related to web/graphic design each day.
- Do more research on typography techniques, learn all about serifs, side-bearings, kerning etc in detail and design my own professional quality font.
- Brush-up my PHP-Mysql skills and develop some simple innovative web application.
- Design my own WordPress / Drupal theme from scratch and share it free.
- Do more research on Ray-tracing and create my own POV image using POV-ray.
- Learn JQuery and implement it in my projects.
- Do more research on usability and try to implement it practically in my projects.
- Acquire more in-depth practical knowledge in GIMP, and get enough confident to survive in a world without photoshop. Design a new webpage mockup completely using GIMP.
- Design a new theme for my blog breaking all conventional UI design rules, using weird color combinations. And then review the response from the design community.
- Learn more about professional photography. Create a photo-blog for my mobile photos, and update it regularly with a new photo everyday if possible.
- Concentrate more on mobile phone browser friendly web page designing.
- Update this blog regularly with a minimum of 3 posts each month.
- Be more active on all major social networking sites.
- Find time for family, Outing / eat-out with family at least once in a month.
- Make sure to get at least 7 hours of continuous sleep every night.
- Do regular exercising and never skip my breakfast again.
Now that the goal setting part is over, lemme see how it goes…